On April 9-10, 2009, the annual “Legal Business in Russia” conference was held in Moscow. It covered various aspects of legal services for the business and among the speakers were:
- Anton Ivanov, Chairman of the Russian Higher Arbitrazh Court;
- Alexandra Makovskaya, Judge of the Russian Higher Arbitrazh Court;
- Sergey Sarbash, Judge of the Russian Higher Arbitrazh Court;
- Alexander Torshin, Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council of the Russian Federal Assembly;
- Henry Reznik, President of the Moscow City Bar Association;
- Evgeny Semenyaka, President of the Federal Bar Association of the Russian Federation;
- Alexander Sinenko, Deputy Head of the Federal Financial Markets Service.
Representatives of MZS spoke on “Legal Aspects of Development of National Brands in the Legal Services Industry” and chaired the “Current Issues in Court Practice” session, whose participants included judges of the Russian Higher Arbitrazh Court, the top judicial instance in the country for commercial disputes.