Dmitry is a graduate of Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University) in 2000 (with honors).
He joined MZS in 1999 and became a firm’s partner in 2006.
Dmitry is a member of the Moscow Bar.
His principal areas of specialization include disputes resolution in state and arbitration courts, cross-border disputes, State regulation of various sectors (including antitrust law and securities), intellectual property, corporate law issues, real estate, bankruptcy, oil and gas.
For many years Dmitry he has been highly rated in dispute resolution:
- Chambers Europe: Dispute Resolution: Domestic High-End – Band 1
- The Legal500: Dispute Resolution: Litigation – Leading Individual
- Pravo.ru-300: Arbitration (major disputes – high market), Disputes in courts of general jurisdiction, Antitrust law (including disputes) – recommended lawyer
- Kommersant (Legal Services Market Leaders 2020): Disputes in courts of general jurisdiction, Antitrust law – recommended lawyer.
Dmitry’s significant clients: Bashneft, Gazprom, Google, MTS, Rosseti, Prosperity Capital, Samsung, Sistema, Unilever.
His recent experience includes advice to:
- Sistema in proceedings against Ural-Invest to recover over US$ 1 billion in damages arising out of repossession by the State of a majority shareholding in Bashneft
- Sistema in a US$ 3 billion damages case brought by Bashneft and Rosneft
- Google in dispute with Yandex and the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service
- Samsung in a number of disputes, including the US$ multi-million arbitration against Euroset-Retail, a major Russian distributor of mobile devices
- Prosperity Capital and other Enel Russia shareholders in proceedings to recover US$150 million in damages from board members and the majority shareholder of Enel Russia
- ex-spouse of Mr. V. Potanin, Russia's richest person and the majority shareholder of Norilsk Nickel (world's largest titanium producer), in disputes over division of spousal property
- a shareholder of PJSC Koks in corporate disputes against majority shareholder of PJSC Koks and LLC Stahl