Mikhail is a graduate of the Perm State University. He also holds MS in Financial Markets and Regulation from Illinois Institute of Technology and LLM in International Business Law from University College London.
Prior to joining MZS in 2002, Mikhail worked as a legal counsel advising Russian regional telecom, manufacturing and industrial companies in connection with their corporate matters as well as M&A and tax issues. He also worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers (Tax and Legal Services) in Cyprus.
Mikhail is a partner specializing in general corporate services, mergers & acquisitions, securities & finance, taxation.
Mikhail is named as one of the best lawyers in corporate law and M&A by the following professional ratings:
- Chambers Europe: Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market – Band 2
- The Legal500: Commercial, corporate and M&A: Moscow – recommended lawyer
- Pravo.ru-300: Corporate law / M&A – recommended lawyer
Mikhail’s significant clients: A-Proerty, Airbus, Auchan, EBRD, Gerald Metals, Mangazeya, Marathon Group, Russian Direct Investment Fund, Russian Post, Sistema, VTB.
His recent experience includes advice to:
- A-Property on worth acquisition of 51% in Elga coal deposit in Yakutia as well as a call options granted by Gazprombank in respect of the remaining 49% in Elga deposit. The value of the deals exceeds US$ 2 billion
- A-Property in the acquisition of a majority shareholding in YATEC, the main oil and gas producer in Yakutia. The value of the deal – US$ 30 mln
- Sistema in the course of establishing a joint venture with Rostec with aggregate value of assets exceeding US$ 10 billion. The JV controls most of Russian microelectronics production
- VTB on the acquisition of a stake in a real estate and recreational complex in the Black Sea area
- Forum Properties, a well-known Russian developer, in setting up a joint venture controlling assets worth over US$ 4 billion with one of the largest owners of office and commercial premises in Russia. This deal has been one of the biggest on the office space market in Russia in the last few years
- EBRD during the divestment from a major Russian bank
- NefteTransService, a large Russian crude oil and oil products transportation company, in their purchase from OTEKO of a substantial oil transport business, making NefteTransService the owner of the biggest railroad oil tank car fleet in Russia
- Airbus on certain corporate matters involving their Russian subsidiaries